Thursday, July 8, 2010

Blueberry Pie Recipe

This is a blueberry pie recipe that I got from (where else?) allrecipes.com, I made it for lunch at church a week or so ago and it disappeared rather quickly. I got the chance to taste a wee bit that was left in the pan (all the full size pieces were gone) but what I had was very yummy! I love fresh blueberry baked stuff!

Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 3 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 4 cups fresh blueberries
  • 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
  • 1 tablespoon butter

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
  2. Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over blueberries.
  3. Line pie dish with one pie crust. Pour berry mixture into the crust, and dot with butter. Cut remaining pastry into 1/2 - 3/4 inch wide strips, and make lattice top. Crimp and flute edges.
  4. Bake pie on lower shelf of oven for about 50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This does sound really good! I'll have to show Allison when she gets back. :) My mom made "Blueberry buckle" for a potluck on Tuesday, it's like a coffee cake. You might have already read about that. :)
Love,
Julianne